Thank you for your commitment to improving government in Flint through helping review the City of Flint Charter!
The Charter Review Commission will be having a follow up meeting on form of Government on Thursday, February 18th from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at the Flint Public Library (main branch) 1026 E Kearsley St, Flint, MI.
We will be discussing the outcomes of the January 21st Community Meeting on Form of Government and how the ideas shared could be incorporated into the city charter. Attached is a summary and the group responses from the January meeting.
The discussion questions for the meeting are:
- The outcome of the meeting on the 21st was the support of a strong mayor form of government, what is it that you like about that form of government?
- We heard that the community wanted to see more accountability, transparency and active involvement:
- What does accountability mean to you?
- What does transparency mean to you?
- Active involvement mean to you?
This meeting is open to the public so feel free to share, light refreshments will be provided. If you have any questions, please call Heidi at 810.444.2202.