Happy New Year!
I want to share an exciting opportunity called “Take the Mic,” a contest celebrating the everyday heroes in our community! Launched by Michigan Communities Conquering COVID (MI-CCC), Take the Mic wants to showcase your creativity to help save lives this winter.
- Submit messages and media to inspire and support people in your community and work together to conquer COVID-19.
- 2 categories for entries: Written Word or any Other Media.
- Get creative! Take the Mic is looking for everything from poetry to graphic design to dances – whatever you think will have an impact on your community.
- You can submit entries through January 25, 2021.
- Get a $10 Visa gift card for your first entry in each category. Submit as many times as you want!
- Judges will choose the top entries from each category, then the community will vote for the winners. The 1st place winners will receive $500!
- Must be 18 or older to enter.
This is a great time to focus on what really matters. The choices and actions of every single person can change the course of the COVID-19 pandemic in Michigan.
Go to www.takethemic.org to learn more and submit your entries!
Please share with your staff, students, partners, and listserv.
Thanks so much for your time,
Athena McKay, MSA | Flint Connector
Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research | Community Engagement
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor Office:
1600 Huron Parkway (street)
2800 Plymouth Road (mail) | Building 400 |Ann Arbor, MI 48109
432 N. Saginaw Street, Suite 133 | Flint, MI 48502