FLINT COMMUNITY RESILIENCE
AND FLINT COMMUNITY RECOVERY WORKGROUPS
GET INVOLVED IN A COMMUNITY WORKGROUP
Below is a list of the meetings scheduled for this upcoming week. If you have any additional updates to the “Community at Work” pdf, please contact Dave Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com (Behavioral Health) / firstname.lastname@example.org (community)
- Communication Workgroup: Monday, March 28th, 3:30 p.m., Unitarian Universalist Church
- Coordination Workgroup: Tuesday, March 29th, 2:00 p.m., American Red Cross
- Education Workgroup: Tuesday, March 29th, 8:30 a.m., Special Services North (5075 Pilgrim Rd., 48507)
- Flint Community Resilience Group (FCRG) Mental (Behavioral) Health:
- FCRG Data & Gap Analysis: Every Thursday, 1:30 p.m., Genesee Health System Board Room
- FCRG Planning & Coordination: Every other Wednesday (NEXT: April 6th), 10:30 a.m., Genesee Health System Board Room
- FCRG Faith: Thursday, April 14 and Thursday, May 12 from 11:30 am – 1 pm on 5th floor or GHS, 420 W. Fifth Avenue
- FCRG Stress Management: Every other Wednesday (NEXT: March 30th), 12:00 p.m., Genesee Health System 4th Floor Conference Room
- FCRG Outreach to Special & Vulnerable Populations: Friday, April 1 10:30 – 11:30 am on 3rd Floor, please e-mail email@example.com)
- FCRG Psychological First Aid (PFA): for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
ALSO… Just a quick reminder that the Michigan Chapter of VOAD (Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster) is hosting weekly coordination calls every Wednesday, 4:00 p.m., around the work being done in Flint. I have been asked by Jeannie Moran from FEMA to pass along this information and invite all of you to participate on these weekly calls. If you are interested in joining in the call at 4:00 p.m. today, please see the conference call-in information below.
Conference Call-In Number: 641-715-3274 / Access Code: 632713#
If you would like to learn more about the Michigan VOAD, please visit their website at https://mivoad.communityos.org/cms/home.
Links and Resources
WATER RESOURCES & UPDATES
- For Flint water assistance: Dial United Way 211 or visit www.mi.gov/FlintWater
- To donate or volunteer: visit www.HelpForFlint.com
- Sign up for text updates by texting FLINT to 444999
- Adults who wish to get a blood test should contact their primary care physician. If they do not have one, they should call the Genesee County Health Department to schedule an appointment at 810-257-3445
- Residents should install filters to their taps to ensure they have immediate and ongoing access to safe water. Only run cold water through the water filter and use filtered water for drinking and cooking.
- Monitor the cartridge on the filter and replace as needed.
- Here is a breakdown of the colors and meanings on the filters.
- Red Light: The filter should be changed immediately. Do not use the filter until the cartridge is replaced.
- Yellow Light: The filter is working, but will need to be changed soon.
- Replacement Cartridges: If you need a replacement cartridge for your filter, visit the water resource location nearest to you.
- Green Light: The filter is working.
WATER RESOURCE LOCATIONS:
These sites are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. with the following resources:
- Bottled water
- Water filters
- Replacement cartridges for water filters
- Water testing kits pick-up
- Drop-off location for water testing kits
Fire Station #1 (also a water bottle recycling site) – 310 East 5th St., Flint, MI 48502
Fire Station #3 – 1525 Martin Luther King Ave., Flint, MI 48503
Fire Station #5 (also a water bottle recycling site) – 3402 Western Rd., Flint, MI 48506
Fire Station #6 – 716 West Pierson Rd., Flint, MI 48505
Fire Station #8 (also a water bottle recycling site) – 202 East Atherton Rd., Flint, MI 48507