This message is being sent on behalf of FUEL (Future Urban & Environmental Leaders) and the Earth Day Planning Team:
“Connecting Earth, Community, and Each Other”
The Earth Day event is held at the University of Michigan-Flint in the Harding Mott University Center (UCEN) on Saturday, April 16 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The combined effort of UM-Flint, Mott Community College, and Kettering University have made this the largest Earth Day Celebration in Genesee County!
Have even more fun and make this event even better by registering to volunteer here: http://mcc.edu/earthday/earthday_volunteer.php
Once again, FUEL is taking the lead in making this year’s Earth Day Celebration a zero waste event! It will be a team effort from vendors and participants to reduce the amount of waste generated. We will maximize what is diverted from the landfill by collecting, recycling, and/or composting materials for other purposes.
- MORE than 30 Exhibitors and Organizations on all 3 levels of the UCEN!
- Representatives from the U.S. EPA will be kicking off the informational presentations in the KIVA by giving an update on bringing clean water back to Flint. The U.S. EPA Open House will be held concurrently from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the UCEN Michigan Rooms. Click here for details!
- Pull Your Own Print – Bring your favorite t-shirt to upcycle and screen print a new design
- The Healthy Living Fair will feature natural, sustainable products and green crafts available for purchase
- LIVE Music by the bluegrass group Blue Train featuring UM-Flint’s own Tracy Wacker
- LIVE Animals – Nature Discovery featuring live reptiles and amphibians native to Michigan, Joe Rogers’ Birds of Prey, and the Organization for Bat Conservation
- “Get the Dirt” in the KIVA by listening to short talks on timely environmental topics
- Recycled Art Contest for ages 4 to adult
- Recycling Challenge Progress Update
- BIKE Tours to the Flint Farmers’ Market, UM-Flint Urban Alternatives House, and The Local Grocer
Please print and post the attached poster in your area. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call UM-Flint Environment, Health, and Safety at 810-766-6763.
On behalf of the Earth Day Planning Team, we hope to see you there!