2015 Flint River & Community Cleanup is just around the corner and we need your help on Saturday, April 25, 2015 from 9:00AM – Noon.
We are looking for communities, clubs and organizations, businesses and individuals to join us from all corners of our Flint River Watershed to give the area a good Spring Cleaning to prepare for the season of fun ahead.
We will be picking up trash and debris along the shorelines, BUT not entering the river due to the swift high waters of Spring: Safety First!
Gloves, garbage pickers, and trash bags are provided.
All volunteers also receive an insulated lunch box!
Please register to volunteer at our Become a Volunteer link or email Jaime Welch at email@example.com
- Vietnam Veterans’ Park: In partnership with the Friends of the Flint River Trail’s Annual Trail Clean Up.
- Downtown Flint: James P. Cole Blvd., between Hamilton & Robert T. Longway
- Downtown Flint: Café Rhema, 432 S. Saginaw St.
- Atwood Stadium: 701 University Avenue, parking lot off of First Ave. or Water St.
- Flushing Riverview Park: Flushing: 230 S. Cherry St. (near the A&W Drive-In)
- Flushing Township Nature Park: 8301 N McKinley Road, Flushing, MI
- Gilkey Creek/Pierce Park: Pierce School – S. of Court St., W. of Dort Hwy.
- Riverbank Park in Flint: Corner of Water St. & Lyon St.
- Holloway Dam Canoe Access: Richfield Township, Carr Rd. at the Dam
- Kearsley Park: Kearsley Park Pavilion on Kearsley Park Blvd. north of Robert T. Longway
- Mott Park: Park at Mott Park, Nolen Dr. & Weller St.
- Happy Hollow : Near Hammerberg Rd. & I 69
- Thread Lake – McKinley Park: McKinley Center at Orville St. & Peer Avenue
- Thread Creek: Corner of Center & Bristol Rd.-near Sharky’s
- Thread Lake Park: Meet at end of Winans Street
- Flint Park Lake: Pavilion off Winthrop Blvd
- Carriage Town: Durant-Dort Parking Lot
- Carriage Town Ministries: 605 Garland St. Flint, MI 48503
All volunteers for Lapeer: Check in at Cramton Park (off S. Main St.)
Contact: Peter McCreedy (810) 614-7594
Join us at the Celebration Lunch!
Graciously hosted by:
Friends of the Flint River Trail
At Vietnam Veterans’ Park
12:00 pm to 2:00 pm