1400 E Kearsley St
Flint, MI 48503
New Savor the Summer event at Applewood Estate to celebrate food, farming and fun in Flint
FLINT, Michigan – The Ruth Mott Foundation is inviting the community to the new Savor the Summer event at Applewood, the historic Charles Stewart Mott estate, from 4-8 p.m. on Thursday, July 20.
Savor the Summer, presented in partnership with the Flint Cultural Center, is an evening of music, hands-on activities for kids, a Taste of Applewood, live performances and tours of the home.
As always, admission and activities at Applewood are always free! Guests will enjoy performances by the Flint Symphony Orchestra Brass, Kuungana African Drum and Dance and the Flint Youth Theatre Improv Squad.
Strolling tours of the house will be offered with no reservations required during this special event.
Other highlights and partners of Savor the Summer include:
- Horses in the historic barn from Xanadu Farms.
- Get hands-on with wheat planting with the Sloan Museum.
- Put together a make-and-take craft with the Flint Institute of Arts.
- Discover the Truck Farm from For-Mar Arboretum.
- Try a free Taste of Applewood made with ingredients from our orchard.
- Enjoy the Instrument Zoo with the Flint Institute of Music.
- Make a bird feeder with the Flint Public Library.
- Get fit with an activity by the Crim Fitness Foundation.
- Meet characters in costume from The Whiting’s 2017-18 season.
Applewood Estate, 1400 E. Kearsley St., was built in 1916 by Charles Stewart Mott, one of the founding partners of General Motors. The estate is now owned and maintained by the Ruth Mott Foundation and located between the Flint Cultural Center and Mott Community College.
Activities are planned from 4-8 p.m. A list of the activities can be found on the Ruth Mott Foundation’s website calendar or call 810-233-3835 for more information.