Flint Water Filter Education Liaison:
GST Michigan Works! Is seeking Filter Education Liaisons for work experience positions to assist with education related to the water crisis in Flint. A work experience opportunity may last up to a year. Up to 40 hours per week; Monday through Saturday. Educate Flint residents on filter use and proper installation and maintenance of water filters. $15/hr. Qualifications:
- City of Flint residents preferred.
- Must have a layoff/termination within the last five years, and be currently unemployed or part-time employed
- Must pass Background / Drug Screening / Physical
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates’ Degree preferred
- After hired, required to complete a core competency training
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Individuals who are bilingual (speak Spanish) and/or competent in American Sign Language (ASL) are highly preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a vehicle to drive (job requires door to door canvassing)
Vehicle must be insured and registered
Application Deadline: Until Positions Are Filled: To Apply: Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and place “Filter Education Liaison” in the subject line.
Resumes may also be dropped off in Suite 325A at GST Michigan Works, Tyneshia Hall at (810) 820-3370, ext. 722 or for questions contact, Lumetta Parker-Smith at (810) 233-5974, ext. 170.
For more information visit: https://jobs.mitalent.org/job-seeker/job-details/JobCode/6925660