The Flint community organizer will work with a dedicated group of volunteers and community leaders in our Flint office to tackle the ongoing challenges faced by the residents of Flint. Flint rose to national prominence as a result of the water crisis. However, we know that there was a crisis of poverty, unemployment, and structural racism in Flint long before the water was tainted.
Our team in Flint is fighting for a just, transparent recovery from the water crisis, and is also moving forward, working toward a sustainable, prosperous future for all in Flint. Our work is centered on the north side of the city and brings together a multi-racial group of volunteers and community institutions to advocate for change.
This position is funded for six months.
Pay starts at $30,000 per year, plus benefits.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but those submitted by September 1st, 2018 will be prioritized.
- Submit resume, statement of interest, and name & contact information of three references (at least two references must be work related, one may be personal)
- Please submit all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please put the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line
- If you were referred by a member of the Michigan United staff, please let us know in your application.
Michigan United is a statewide 501(c)3 organization comprised of community members and institutions fighting for the dignity and potential of every person. We represent 100 faith, labor, social service and community organizations. We use the tools of community organizing to fight for economic and racial justice. We believe in a society and government that put people and the public good over private profit. We have won major victories to improve the lives of those who have been marginalized by poverty, racism, and inequality.