Love Your City Month Continues with Unlimited Bagged Trash Pickup May 11-15, 2015, Residents Encouraged to Get Involved
Flint, Michigan – May 8, 2015 – Love Your City month in Flint is continuing with its second week of special scheduled pickups. City of Flint partner Republic Services of Flint will offer residents Unlimited Bagged Trash Pickup during the week of Monday, May 11 through Friday, May 15, 2015.
All bagged trash must be placed curbside by 7:00am on normal trash collection day. Bags must not weight more than 50 lbs. apiece. This service is available to City residential waste collection customers only. Residents with questions can call Republic Services of Flint at 800-438-0966.
The City of Flint, along with its partners Keep Genesee County Beautiful and Republic Services of Flint, have developed a full list of activities which focuses on giving residents and community groups the resources they need to perform home and neighborhood cleanups all month long. All of Flint is encouraged to participate in beautification activities within their community throughout the month of May.
Groups wishing to perform a neighborhood cleanup should contact City of Flint Blight Coordinator Raul Garcia at 810-237-2090 prior to scheduling their activities to ensure that the proper resources are available before work begins.
Love Your City began in 2013 as an extension of national philanthropy group Cities of Service’s grant-funded Love Your Block initiative which sought to remove blight from 20 city blocks. With the help of the City’s partners Republic Services of Flint, Keep Genesee County Beautiful, Salem Housing and neighborhood volunteer groups including Flint Neighborhoods United, Love Your City has been able to continue making a positive difference in Flint.
Love Your City Event Schedule:
*All items for special pickup days must be curbside by 7:00am on normal trash collection day.
May 11-15 – Unlimited Bagged Trash Pickup
- All bags must each weigh less than 50 lbs.
May 18-22 Unlimited Bundled Brush Pickup
- All brush must be in bundles no larger than 4 feet long and branches must be less than 2 inches thick.
- No trees, tree trunks, stumps or logs.
- Regular trash collection day compost will not be affected.
June 6 – Free Tire Disposal Event
- Held at Environmental Rubber Recycling, 6515 N. Dort Hwy.
- Tires can be dropped off between 9:00am and 3:00pm.
- Payment will be made either by tire ($1 each for up to 25 tires) or by truckload ($25 for loads of 25 tires or more.
- All other tires will be taken at no cost.