We received the grant from the National Recreation and Park Association to continue summer lunch service to kids in 15 parks on Fridays in August. Our proposal included a $550 stipend for each of the 15 volunteers (one for each park) who agree to drive to GCCARD, pick up the food, serve it to the kids, complete any necessary paperwork, and pass out flyers/promote the program in the neighborhood around the park. Now I just need a commitment from those who are interested!
- Program dates are Friday, August 7, 14, 21, 28, 2020.
- GCCARD will supply the lunches and each kid will receive food for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday when they come to the park on Friday.
- GCCARD will determine what time lunch should be served.
- It’s possible to do two parks, as long as they’re near enough each other that kids get their food during the 11am-1pm timeframe. The $550 stipend is per park, so if you did two, you could earn $1100.
- You will be required to sign an agreement.
- You will need to submit a completed W-9 and an invoice in order to get paid.
- Checks will be issued at the end of the program.
- Please be aware that if the County issues checks to you totaling $600 or more this calendar year, you will receive a 1099 form. The info will also be submitted to the IRS and you could owe taxes on the money.
- We will provide masks and hand sanitizer (if I can find a source to buy it from).
Here is a list of the parks. If you’re interested, I need to know which park(s) you’d like to cover. Please reply by Friday, July 17 and let me know if you have any questions! Broome, Clara Hilborn, Eldorado Vista, Farnumwood, Fleming, Hasselbring, Iroquois, Kearsley, Longway, Mann Hall, Mott, Rollingwood, Sarginson, Sarvis, Windiate
Nancy A. Edwards, MA, LPC, CTA, CPSI
Recreation Programs and Grants Officer
Keep Genesee County Beautiful
Genesee County Parks & Recreation Commission
502 Church Street
Flint, MI 48502