Good morning. I have been in contact with James Jackson from Michigan Department of Transportation. Please pass this email on to parents/people you think would be interested in the program for their youth.
He is recruiting Flint area high school students (age 14-17) to participate in a week long program sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration, the Michigan Department of Transportation and Ferris State University.
The National Summer Transportation Institute (NSTI) is a one week residential program designed for students to explore careers in the transportation industry. There is no cost for the student campers as this camp is offered through a MDOT and FWA grant.
If interested, email James Jackson, email@example.com, as soon as possible to secure your spot in the program.
- Week long program, Sunday July 29th to Saturday August 4th
- Held at Ferris State University. Transportation will be provided.
- Past activities included:
- Making and breaking concrete cylinders
- Making asphalt cylinders
- Completing MDOT Trac Bridge module
- No cost to parents
- Goal is to recruit 6 to 8 Flint area high school students to participate
- Send names and contact information to James Jackson, Michigan Department of Transportation, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- See the links for information on past programs
- Attached is the NSTI application.
NSTI Application (PDF)